Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheating



This may be cheating, but I'm going to do it anyway.  Today, I am just referring you to a recipe... not actually sharing one of my own or one of my old favorites.  But if it is cheating, I think you'll all thank me for it.  I am an avid reader of food blogs.  I just love them.  My favorite is Orangette  by Molly Wizenberg.  Her writing is witty and charming and not one of her recipes has ever failed me.  Trust me, I have used a lot of them.  But today I am here to tell you about one in particular:  Deviled Eggs with Basil Aioli and Capers.  Follow that link for a truly kick-ass deviled egg recipe.  Now, I am not usually a fan of deviled eggs, but now I am a believer.  I made these for a family reunion held a few weeks ago.  The whole time I was making them I was whining about how terrible I was making them look and how ugly they would be.  They did look rather messy, but in the end I didn't care and neither did the people eating them.  They were truly delicious.  One bite and I was sold.  Then I was sold 3 more times... Moving away from my gluttonous habits, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you make these.  Share them with others, they will rave.  

I also suggest you check out Molly's recipe index.  There are a lot of fine recipes there.  Particularly under the Cake section...   

Image by: boughtbooks

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment