Thursday, August 2, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Because I like to stress eat, and because baking helps to calm me down, it can be a confusing combination. I start off determined to make myself a dessert that I can consume in my stressed-out state. But by the time I'm done baking, I've usually calmed down and lose interest in whatever it is I've made. Consequently, in times of stress, a mountain of sweets begins to grow in our home, only to be shipped off to my husband's work. But this time...this time I think I might just keep the dessert around. This cake is a chocolate lover's dream! And if you're a fan of the ol' chocolate and peanut butter combination, you will die over this frosting! Creamy, chocolaty, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!!!

I apologise to my husband's co-workers. This dessert is happily going right to my belly!



Vegan Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
1 cup cold water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly oil a Bundt pan.

Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the vanilla, oil, vinegar, and water. Mix until just combined. Pour into your prepared pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack. To remove the cake from the pan, run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake. Cool completely before frosting.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup nondairy milk
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream together the peanut butter and cocoa. Add the milk, and beat until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, salt, and vanilla. Frost cake when cake is completely cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment