Thursday, June 30, 2011

Guest Blogger

The time is drawing near now where I will be on maternity leave from my blogs. I am due any day now and, with a newborn around, I don't expect to be doing much blogging in the month to follow. So in order to keep this blog still active, I've requested the help of my best friend and fellow foodie, Katie Schwager, to be a guest blogger until I am ready to step back in. I can say first hand that Katie's cooking is absolutely delicious, bubbling over with unique worldly flavors, and prepared with a true passion for food. I have no doubt that she will have a lot to bring to the table (lame pun totally intended!).

In the mean time, I will keep blogging until I pop. But since I don't know when that will be exactly, I figured I should give my readers a heads-up that there will be a guest blogger in the near future. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as I have!

Below is the recipe I used to announce our pregnancy to my parents. It's good for a laugh.--It's titled "Sunshine buns" after the nick name "Sunshine" we had for our son before we knew the gender.


Sunshine Buns

Ingredients:
1 Joe
1 Jen
1 fresh egg
1 tablespoon of salt
A large bed of flour

Take your Joe and Jen (making sure your Jen is extra ripe) and bring them to a full boil, stirring occasionally.

When both Joe and Jen are thoroughly heated, peal them down and place them gently into a bed of flour.

Mix Joe and Jen rigorously, adding the egg and the tablespoon of salt into the mixture right at the precise moment.

When at least one grain of salt has been successfully added to the egg, place the mixture into the oven, preheated to 98 degrees.

Bake for 9 months. The mixture will puff up gradually. When the bun is plump and reaches a nice pink color, remove from the oven and love unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment